More info about carry handle tapes
Carry handle tapes are used on (multi)packs in the beverage industry to create carrying convenience for consumers. Markets tests proofed that packs with handles have a shorter shelf life compared than packs without handles. Another major benefit is that customers using carry handles can decrease the thickness of shrink film which results in significant cost reductions.
The technology is as follows:
The applicator machine which is integrated in the production line adds the separate carton insert onto the tape, cuts the handle and applies it on the package before moving further on the conveyor line.
– mineral water
– soft drinks
– hygiene (toilet paper, kitchen rolls)
Also other industries have discovered the added value of carry handle tape.
– The paper industry for carrying packs of paper.
– The pet food industry for bags with dog/cat food and cat litter bags.
– The Do-it-Yourself market for carrying easy big packages
– The detergent industry offering value multipacks of XL packs.
Transparent tape is nowadays still the most used carry handle tape because of cost efficiency however in recent years we have seen an increase of customers switching to integrated/pre-laminated tapes.
What are the benefits of integrated versus transparent carry handle tapes:
– From a procurement perspective; Single supplier
- Purchase benefit with backward integration of logistics
- One contact/supplier
– From a production perspective; Increase of production efficiency via:
- Increase of production output (more products packed per hour)
- Less downtime on production machinery
- Better machinability
– From a marketing perspective; Smart looking handles
- Attractive printed handles
- Precise positioned onto the tape
- Several comfort options in handles (paper, polypropylene, polyethylene foam)
- No sharp edges